Thursday, April 24, 2008

Timberwolves roster ever changing

The Minnesota Timberwolves roster is sure to look different next year. There are five players that are eligible as free agents (in alphabetical order by last name):

> Ryan Gomes
> Chris Richard
> Craig Smith
> Kirk Snyder
> Sebastian Telfair

They are all eligible to negotiate through their agents with every NBA team starting July 1. Don’t forget, the Wolves have the right to match any offer made to any of the five players and retain their rights, but I don’t see a few of these guys coming back.

I am guessing that Craig Smith won’t be back because he doesn’t seem to jive real well with Al Jefferson and every Timberwolves fan knows that A.J. is the man on the team and we need to build a team around him. I am also willing to bet we let Kirk Snyder go as well. I am hoping the team will sign Ryan Gomes, hopefully he won’t be too expensive. I would also like to see a deal for Sebastian Telfair. I am indifferent to Chris Richard. It will be an interesting summer for the NBA Timberwolves, that’s for sure.

No comments: