Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Timberwolves Games broadcast on KFAN

Last week, the Minnesota Timberwolves announced that KFAN (1130 on your AM dial) will broadcast all of the Timberwolves' 82 regular season games and any playoff games (as if!) and three preseason games (listener count:2).

KFAN broadcast the first 17 Timberwolves seasons so this isn’t anything new for the Twin Cities sports oriented station. Does this mean that the radio personalities at KFAN will have to STOP bashing the Timberwolves? That may be hard to do. I remember listening to one broadcast on my drive to work one morning and on of the guys said, “who even cares about the Timberwolves any more?” A round of, “not me’s” replied and they read the score of the game and moved onto other NBA news and games.

I have to say I wasn’t shocked. I am sure the Minnesota Timberwolves broadcasts won’t be their top ratings. Perhaps we should take bets on the KFAN listener count during the Wolves games…10, maybe 15? If they can’t sell tickets to the Target Center, I doubt people are wasting time listening on the radio, but it does make sense that Minnsota’s NBA team would be on Minnesota’s sports radio station. Any thoughts, Wolves fans?

No comments: