Monday, March 1, 2010

Al Jefferson arrested on suspected DWI, Minnesota Timberwolves fans are let down

Minnesota Timberwolves player Al Jefferson on the court
Big Al, as many of Al Jefferson's fans call him, spent some time in the Big House late Saturday night/early Sunday morning after the Minnesota Timberwolves star was pulled over and arrested for a suspected DWI.

The Minnesota Timberwolves player was pulled over leaving downtown Minneapolis because of speeding and unsignled lane changes that appeared to be more like drifting. Al Jefferson was pulled over on I-394 after Saturday night's loss against the Portland Trailblazers.

Al Jefferson released this statement: "I want to apologize to the entire Timberwolves organization, owner Glen Taylor, my teammates, coaches and Wolves fans everywhere for my actions last night. I made a very poor decision and I am truly sorry for that. As a leader on this team, I know that more is expected of me, and I am disappointed in myself. I will learn from my mistake so that it does not happen again. I fully understand and support the organization's disciplinary action. I will continue to work both on and off the court to be the best person I can be."


Al Jefferson will be suspended without pay for two games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.