Thursday, October 20, 2011

Get to Know Ricky Rubio

With the lockout being old news (and current news) I thought I would start to feature little bios about Timberwolves players every week until the lockout is over. It's my form of protest: feed you with useless information until you go so crazy you call NBA and NBAPA. It's more of an indirect protest, but I think it'll do the trick.

This week I will be featuring Ricky Rubio.

Rubio became the youngest player ever to play in the Spanish ACB League in 2005; he was 14. Back in 2009, the Timberwolves drafted Rubio with the fifth pick in the first round. This pick made Rubio the first player born in the 1990s to be drafted by the NBA. A fun fact: I am older than Ricky Rubio by 9 months and 15 days. Not so fun fact: I am poor, he is not.

Rubio weighs 190 lbs. and is 6'3" with a 6'9" wingspan. To some he is regarded as the best European guard prospect ever.

Where is Rubio now? Well he signed with Minnesota in June of 2011, but with the lockout, who knows... Probably on a beach somewhere.

No comments: