Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wolves Lose Close Game

The Wolves suffered their first loss of the year (2009) last night vs. Miami Heat at the Target Center. It was a close game so I am not as upset as I have been at the other losses this season. The Heat just came on stronger in the final minute of the game edging out the Timberwolves 96-99. I noticed the poor performance, but I didn’t realize this stat that went along with it:

“Minnesota missed its last four shots and committed two turnovers in the final 1:26”

Oops. Sounds like the Wolves are up to their old tricks of not being able to finish out strong. I bet McHale will have a plan for that. Randy Foye played well as did Rodney Carney off the Timberwolves bench.

The Timberwolves now spend some time on the road – 3 games to be exact and 10 days until they are back on the Target Center floor. I hope they can keep up their tough playing ways and win a road game (or two).

No comments: