Thursday, February 19, 2009

Timberwolves Win, No Joke

Just when I thought the Minnesota Timberwolves weren’t going to win another game this season, they pulled off a victory in Miami beating the Miami Heat last night 111-104.

Sebastian Telfair was the star and it’s about time he steps into that role, but I think the real key was successful 3-pointers. I bought some Gopher Basketball tickets a few weeks back and saw the maroon and gold at The Barn. I made note that the Gopher Basketball team may shoot better for 3 pointers than any other team in college basketball right now and I think that is a big component to their success. Then when I saw the Timberwolves turn on the three point charm last night, I thought, hey they might be able to pull this off and they did!

Randy Foye had back to back threes which was a huge team morale booster as well. I say the Twolves should shoot more threes and just be sure to position some guys under the basket for the inevitable rebounds. A new strategy is definitely needed if the Wolves want to win even 5 more games this season, why not shoot for threes every time?

No comments: