Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What a Beauty: Minnesota Timberwolves 111, LA Lakers 92

Jonny FlynnBefore I get to my analysis, here is what I am aware of. I get it that star Kobe Bryant played 6 minutes. I get that it is a preseason game being played across the pond. I get it that it "doesn't really count." That being said, the Minnesota Timberwolves opened up with a lopsided and dominating victory over the defending champions Los Angeles Lakers 111-92 in London. There were more highlights in this game then any game in my knowledge last season. After the game, there was some buzz on several media outlets of the possibility of the Timberwolves surprising some people this season.

Michael Beasley scored 21 points. Martell Webster had 24 points. Darko Milic (8 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists) and Nikola Pekovic (7 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists) had solid outings at the center position, where historically the franchise has struggled at. Kevin Love had 11 points and 8 rebounds. Anthony Tolliver had 10 points and 6 rebounds. For highlights, Luke Ridnour threw the ball off the backboard to a streaking Wesley Johnson for a dunk. Michael Beasley went coast to coast on a play. Martell Webster had a dipsy-doo layup. Kevin Love had a behind the back and between the legs pass to Webster for a score. I know it's just a preseason game, but it's baby steps.

No comments: